August 5, 2019
Picente Requests Development Ideas for REA Wing
Expressions of Interest for 4,200 Square-Foot Space Being Accepted
UTICA — Oneida County Executive Anthony J. Picente Jr. announced today that Requests for Expressions of Interest in developing the second floor of the REA Wing at Union Station are now being accepted.
The 4,200 square-foot is located above the county-owned Railway Express Agency (REA) Wing which houses the Oneida County Public Market adjacent to Union Station at 321 Main St. in Utica.
Picente first announced the plan to seek Requests for Expressions of Interest (RFEI) for the space during his State of the County Address in March.
“This unique space is ripe for development and I look forward to seeing creative ideas come in as a result of this search,” Picente said. “I believe with the right vision and execution it can really turn into something special and further expand upon the revitalization of Bagg’s Square and downtown Utica.”
Respondents to the RFEI must submit a proposal that includes:
- A respondent description: Contact information, background information on organizational structure and the proposed development team.
- A project description: Development plan that includes all proposed improvements and uses and their viability, development schedule, employment generation projections and applicable tourism impacts.
- Financial information: Financial data and pro forma statements including construction budget; sources and uses of project funds; operating cash flows and a 10-year forecast of project income/funding expenses, capital improvement reserves and any debt service payments.
The criteria the county will consider in selecting a proposal will include:
- Completeness and quality of overall response.
- Financial and schedule feasibility.
- Respondent qualifications and experience.
- Economic impact.
Respondents may participate in an optional site visit scheduled for Aug. 15, 2019. Those who wish to attend should RSVP to Mark Laramie, P.E., Deputy Commissioner of Engineering at email@example.com by Aug. 13, 2019.
Proposals must be submitted to Regina Venettozzi in the Oneida County Department of Planning by Sept. 12, 2019.
For more information and to review the REA Wing RFEI in its entirety click here.