The Public Defender, Criminal Division has a continuous recruitment program for attorneys. Any attorney interested in applying for a staff attorney position who is a member of the New York State Bar or has passed the bar and is awaiting admission may apply by submitting the following materials:
- A completed Oneida County Assistant Public Defender Employment Application
- Certificate of Good Standing from the Appellate Division of admission or a copy of the official notification of bar passage
- Complete resume including elementary education and all employment listing employers’ addresses and telephone numbers
- Three (3) references with addresses and telephone numbers
- A writing sample
- Copy of a valid New York State driver’s license or current driver’s license
Potential applicants may inquire if there is a present vacancy by contacting us by email at PubDef@ocgov.net. Candidates will not be screened for interviews unless all materials have been submitted. All applications are kept on file for at least one (1) year.