The Oneida County Clerk’s Passport Office is a passport application acceptance agency.
When to apply
You will need to apply within approximately 6-9 weeks for routine processing and 5-7 weeks for Expedited Processing. Please allow extra time for the mailing of the documents. If your travel destination requires a visa, be sure and allow an additional 6 weeks. For more information go to the following internet site: www.travel.state.gov
If you need to travel sooner, you may expedite the application for an additional fee of $60.00. This would enable you to receive your passport within approximately 12 weeks.
Documentation to be Submitted
- A vital statistic birth certificate with a raised seal with the parent’s information on the document is required as of April 1st 2011. It must include an original filing or recorded date within one year from the date of birth. It must also have an embossed raised seal. In place of a birth certificate, you may submit a valid or expired passport or an original naturalization certificate. The original documents must be submitted along with your passport application. They will be returned with your new passport.
- For children 15 years and younger, different rules apply.
- Two (2) identical photos 2”x 2” in size. Passport photos may be taken in our office for $15.00 per set.
- Valid government issued photo identification is required for all applicants. Parent’s photo identification is required for all minors.
- Passport fees are as follows:
- Age 16 and over: $130.00 for a 10 year passport.
- Age 15 and younger: $100.00 for a 5 year passport.
Additional Informational Travel Websites
The Passport/Naturalization office will be accepting applications on a walk-in basis. Please call ahead to verify if we will be closed during the lunch time hours.
Passport applications are available in our office or on the first floor when entering the building. It is suggested to have the forms filled out prior to arrival.
This payment to the county must be in cash or money order. No checks or credit cards accepted.
Utica, New York 13501