The Oneida County COVID-19 Dashboard includes data on testing, hospitalizations, deaths, recoveries as well as call volumes and quarantines.
Oneida County Health Department COVID-19 hotline: 315-798-5431
Oneida County Department of Family and Community Services’ helpline: 315-798-5439
2019 Novel Coronavirus Hotline – New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH)
* Call 1-888-364-3065 for Information about Coronavirus
If you are a small retailer or restaurant, please take the time to answer our latest survey about promoting local businesses this holiday season: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/OCRetailSurvey.
Click here for more information on testing.
New York State Test Site at Griffiss
Diagnostic COVID-19 testing is available to anyone who requests it at Griffiss International Airport. Appointments are required by calling 1-888-364-3065.
Click here for more information and to find additional New York State testing sites.
If someone in your house gets sick,
- Call your primary healthcare provider.
- Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care
- Use a separate room and bathroom for sick household members (if possible).
- Wash hands regularly. Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Disinfect surfaces and objects in the house (i.e. tables, doorknobs, light switches, remotes).
- Avoid sharing personal items like utensils, TV remotes, food and drinks.
- If you develop emergency warning signs for COVID-19, call 911 and get medical attention immediately. In adults, emergency warning signs* include:
*** Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
*** Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
*** New confusion or inability to rouse
*** Bluish lips or face
*This list is not all inclusive. Please consult your medical provider for any symptom that is severe or concerning.
Gym and Fitness Center Reopening
The Oneida County Health Department is in the process of amassing a database of all gyms and fitness centers in the area — including those in higher education facilities and hotels —and is seeking information from business owners so that it can verify their New York State-mandated safety plans are in place and inspect the premises.
Prior to reopening on the first eligible date of Aug. 24, 2020, gym and fitness business owners must:
- Review the summary of New York State guidelines for gyms and fitness centers at: https://www.governor.ny.gov/sites/governor.ny.gov/files/atoms/files/Gyms_and_Fitness_Centers_Summary_Guidelines.pdf.
- Read and affirm the detailed New York guidelines at: https://www.governor.ny.gov/sites/governor.ny.gov/files/atoms/files/Gyms_and_Fitness_Centers_Detailed_Guidelines.pdf
- Have a business plan in place. A template provided by New York State is available here: https://www.governor.ny.gov/sites/governor.ny.gov/files/atoms/files/NYS_BusinessReopeningSafetyPlanTemplate.pdf
- Email the Oneida County Health Department at email@example.com and send the following information:
- Business name
- Specific business type
- Business location address
- Owner’s name (and appropriate contact person), phone number and email address
Once all of those steps are completed, the county Health Department will perform an inspection prior to the Sept. 2, 2020 deadline set by New York State.
Oneida County Public Face Covering Information
To read the Oneida County Public Health Order on face coverings, please click here.
Signage for Businesses to Post
Complaint Forms Available to Report Violations of Coronavirus Mandates
To anonymously report an Oneida County business violating gathering, social distancing or face covering orders to the Oneida County Sheriff’s Office for investigation, please contact Mohawk Valley Crime Stoppers.
- Call in tips to hotline: 1-866-730-8477
- Submit tips to website: www.mohawkvalleycrimestoppers.com
- Download the p3tips app.
NYS Department of Labor - File a complaint against your employer or place of work (https://labor.ny.gov/workerprotection/laborstandards/coronavirus-complaints.shtm)
NYS - File a complaint about a business, location or incident in your community (https://mylicense.custhelp.com/app/ask)
Please review the guidance from Empire State Development (https://esd.ny.gov/guidance-executive-order-2026 (https://esd.ny.gov/guidance-executive-order-2026) ) and the ReOpen NY Website (https://forward.ny.gov/ (https://forward.ny.gov/) ) before submitting a complaint.
Small Business Administration Information
Oneida County is closely working with New York State Department of Health along with CDC, and other partners to implement measures to slow and contain transmission of COVID-19.
If you have traveled to a country with an outbreak of COVID-19, please contact your local health department. To contact Oneida County Health Department, call 315-798-5431.
New York State
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Handwashing - How to Fight Germs
Handwashing CDC - What you need to know
Please remember to use a paper towel or sleeve to open the lavatory door when exiting the lavatory
Oneida County Government COVID-19 Informational Videos
A COVID-19 Message from the County Executive
A Special Request from the County Executive
Public Health Information
Mental Health Information
Youth & Family Activities