The pistol permit office is a county office established to administer the state pistol permit law in Oneida County as required by section 400 of the penal law.
This pistol licensing officer, Oneida County Judge, is responsible for the issuance of all license applications, the receipt and review of all pre-and post-licensing investigations, the issuance of licenses, the receipt and processing of license amendments, the receipt and investigation of police agency reports of bad acts and crimes by licensees, and the scheduling of hearings.
- Annually, this office serves about 5,000 people in person in the Utica and Rome Courthouses and responds to a greater number of telephone inquiries.
- Please contact the Oneida County pistol permit office for updates on appointments for pistol licensing.
- Access instructions here online on how to receive and complete an application / a license to carry application.
- Concealed Carry Firearm Safety Training
- FAQ New NYS Firearm Laws
- Changes to PL 400.00 Firearm Licensing
- Sensitive Locations
8:30am to 12:00pm 1:00pm to 3:30pm
Contact the Pistol Permits Department
Please fill out and submit the form below and we will get back to you promptly.