Oneida County COVID-19 Update for January 10, 2021
“Today shows how deadly this virus continues to be, as we are reporting the most deaths we have ever had in one day,” said Oneida County Executive Anthony J. Picente Jr. “Our deepest sympathies go out to the family and friends of these eight people whose lives were lost. Hope is around the corner as we ramp up vaccinating our residents, but in the meantime, we cannot become complacent. We must see this through until the end.”
Here are the Oneida County COVID-19 case numbers as of midnight on Jan. 9.
- 234 new positive cases, 14,746* total. *(Upon further investigation, 3 positive cases were removed from the previous total.)
- 15 are nursing home residents.
- 6,249 active positive cases.
- 8 new COVID-19-related deaths, 266 total.
- 1 nursing home related.
- 169 patients are hospitalized in Oneida County.
- 156 at MVHS.
- 13 at Rome Memorial.
- 33 are nursing home residents.
- 9 patients are hospitalized out of county.
- 5,731 positive cases have been resolved.
- 394,762 total negative results.
- 409,508 total tests.
- 6,249 in mandatory isolation.
- 1,447 mandatory quarantine.
Updated Oneida County COVID-19 Dashboard: https://hoccpp.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/d88f4e10d59d4553b24c3add5abcbb0b