UFD Partners With Lead Prevention Program on Home Inspections

“More than 300 Addresses Cited for Chipped, Peeling Paint” 
The exterior of more than 300 houses in some West Utica and Cornhill neighborhoods designated as ‘high risk’ for lead poisoning have been inspected by the Utica Fire Department over the past several months for chipped and peeling paint as part of a partnership program between the Oneida County Health Department and the City of Utica’s Rental Occupancy Permit program, Oneida County Executive Anthony J. Picente, Jr. said today.

County Honors Vets’ Service With Free Training

“Program Enhances Employment Opportunities’ 
In honor of our local Veterans who have served in Iraq and Afghanistan Oneida County’s Lead Primary Prevention (LLP) Program will make available two Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) training slots at no cost to returning vets seeking employment in construction, County Executive Anthony J. Picente, Jr. announced today.

Lead Poisoning Prevention Week Highlights Local Threat to Children

“County’s Lead Primary Prevention Expands HEPA Vac Loaner Program” 
Ways to reduce the incidence of childhood lead poisoning caused by the ingestion of lead paint chips or the inhalation of lead-laden dust is the theme of National Lead Poisoning Prevention Week, October 24th through the 30th, Oneida County Executive Anthony J. Picente, Jr. said today.

Healthcare Implications of Adverse Childhood Experiences Topic of Program

Oneida County ‘Stop ACEs’ Hosts Renowned Expert at SUNY IT 
The co-principal investigator of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Kaiser Permanente ACE Study, Dr. Vincent Felitti, will present an overview of the study which examines the implications of adverse childhood experiences on long-term health at SUNY IT on Thursday, October 21st.    

Horse’s Death Blamed on EEE

“Colt Euthanized After Symptoms Appear” 
A year old colt in the town of Vernon had to be euthanized after it was observed to be suffering neurological symptoms that were later determined to be the result of the Eastern Equine Encephalitis (EEE) arbovirus, Oneida County Health Department officials said today.