Partnership Initiative Reduces Lead, Saves Energy
“Window Replacement Classes Precede New EPA Regs”
A public-private ‘green partnership’ between the county’s Lead Primary Prevention Pilot Program and Gro-West, Inc., will again be offering a series of instructional classes on window replacement prior to new Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulations mandating lead safe work practices which go into effect on April 22, 2010.
The program, initiated last year by County Executive Anthony J. Picente, Jr., targets properties in Cornhill, West Utica and parts of East Utica that are ‘at risk’ for lead poisoning and allows the homeowners to replace old lead-base painted, single paned windows with new energy efficient replacement windows purchased at cost and using lead safe work practices.
- Tuesday, March 23rd from 6:00 – 9:00 PM
- Saturday, March 27th from 9:00 AM – 12:00 noon
- Tuesday, March 30th from 6:00 – 9:00 PM
- Saturday, April 10th from 9:00 AM – 12:00 noon
- Tuesday, April 13th from 6:00 – 9:00 PM