- County Clerk Home
- Application for Index Number
- Business Certificate (DBA)
- Commissioner of Deed
- Freedom of Information (FOIL)
- Foil Local Law
- Historical Documents
- Land Record Index
- LLC and LLP Newspaper Designation
- Notary Public
- RP-5217 Report
- Schedule of Fees
- Small Claims Assessment Review
- State Court Forms
- Subdivision Map Requirements
- Transfer Tax
- Vital Records - Birth, Death, Marriage
- Veterans Discount Program
Small Claims Assessment Review (SCAR)
If you think your property assessment is incorrect or has been done unfairly you can you can challenge your property assessment in Small Claims Assessment Review (SCAR) if you meet both of the following provisions:
you own and live in a one, two, or three-family home and use it exclusively for residential purposes. A seasonal residence can qualify provided that, during the period it is in use, the owner occupies it. In addition, vacant land parcels also can qualify provided they are not of sufficient size, as determined by the assessing unit, to contain a one, two, or three-family residential structure.
You already timely filed a written review about your property assessment with the board of assessment review (BAR) or other administrative review body of the assessing unit, and you are not requesting a reduction greater than the amount you sought before that board.
For more information go to: www.orps.state.ny.us/pamphlet/complain/howtofile/smallclaims.htm
- In order to file in the Oneida County Clerk’s Office you will also need an application cover page. You can download it and print from this link SCAR Index number.2204 or we have them available in our office.